Sunday, September 20, 2020

Lessons Forgotten

 

Lessons that I must not forget!

 

Lessons that I taught to others,

and the scales that I measured them on…

Its time I face them myself

Why teachers strike children

Why they are short tempered and fast breathed

What makes their voice hoarse

And their outlook coarse

Why they don’t reach the last child

Why they have favourites

Why they like those who finish their work

And get it signed

and maintain their notebooks like shrine

Lesson 1:    Errors are steps to learning

Lesson 2:     Child is never at fault

Lesson 3:          Don’t use fake morality, try reason

-          If a child doesn’t pay attention to you, doesn’t mean he is dumb.

-          Don’t ignore learning disability

-          Striking a child will not just condition the child’s behaviour, but also the teachers

-          There is no shortcut to having a bunch of activities, stories, rhymes in your kitty to meaningfully engage children

-          Blaming the child’s social background, the RTE, infrastructure to end a dialogue is not called introspection, its called playing victim and not recognizing one’s agency as a teacher

 

some interesting youtube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-Dea7rpRg&list=PLc6YQ_kj882TCOdTzJwEwC2-Qw1rHroL9&index=5   

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXUWepSak4&list=PLc6YQ_kj882TCOdTzJwEwC2-Qw1rHroL9&index=8 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXUWepSak4&list=PLc6YQ_kj882TCOdTzJwEwC2-Qw1rHroL9&index=8

No comments:

Post a Comment